Saturday, January 30, 2010
KEYS TO HAPPY LIFE
By Author Unknown
1. Compliment 3 people everyday!
2. Watch a sunrise.
3. Be the first to say "namaskaar"
4. Treat everyone as you want to be treated.
5. Live beneath your means.
6. Forget the "Joneses".
7. Never give up on anybody - miracles happen!
8. Remember someone's name.
9. Be kinder than you have to be.
10. Wish not for things, but for wisdom and courage.
11. Be tough-minded, but tender hearted.
12. Don't forget that a person's greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.
13. Keep your promises.
14. Leave everything better than you found it.
15. Show cheerfulness even when you don't feel it.
16. Remember that winners do what losers don't want to do.
17. Remember that overnight success usually takes 15 years.
18. When you arrive at your job in the morning, let the first thing you say brighten everyone's day.
19. Don't rain on other people's parades.
20. Don't waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
Monday, January 25, 2010
This is a children’s club run by me .
WHAT IS NANDAVANAM?
NANDAVANAM in Tamil, is the garden where different flowers blossom for the daily pooja of The Almighty. This NANDAVANAM unites all children in serving The Almighty and mankind. NANDAVANAM is a forum for children to discover the divinity within them. NANDAVANAM enables children to learn moral values and culture in an enjoyable manner and make good friends. The forum also develops a sense of service to mankind, and teaches our heritage. The children brought up in this way will learn good moral values and principles and will realize the spark within themselves and grow with positive thoughts and spirituality.
Activities include social, spiritual, intellectual and physical development of the children.
For ex:- Stories, bhajans, slokas, quiz, games & sports, competitions etc.
SPECIAL EVENTS & COMMUNITY SERVICE:
Celebrates various festivals and teaches the meaning behind the festivals.
a) Service to the needy is the most important of all.
b) extending voluntarily service in Senior Citizen's Homes, orphanages, helpage homes, etc.,
c) Actively participating in National festivals and sowing the seed of patriotism in children.
As part of our events, Republic day was celebrated by hoisting the National Flag in the nearby grounds and was filled with Desabhakthi. The children were encouraged to be creative and positive in their activities. The program also provided the opportunity for parents and children to visit and learn about NANDAVANAM.
The children put kolam yesterday night with great enthusiasm.
Stray dogs doesn't know the hard work of the children.
Children pin our National Flag to each other with fun and love.
Singing National Anthem after variety programmes.
And, I am here with my children without whom I would not have been able to do it.